Registration is OPEN!
We are so excited to announce the open registration of our passion project the SHE IS PORTRAIT PROJECT!
Many instances have led up to this project.
One of them being having my own portrait photo session done by Mapuana Reed Photography in 2014. I was amazed by how beautiful I felt. She kept telling me “I want you to see what I see”. When I saw the final image I saw a beautiful women looking back at me for the first time in 40 years!
Also, I came across these videos and was so moved by the participants reactions. Its as if either they have never been told they are beautiful or they just don't believe that they are...like I did for 40 years.
"I think you are beautiful"
"You’re more beautiful than you think"
Its my desire to connect with women and make them feel beautiful and show them the beauty I see in them. I hope to encourage women to value themselves and see themselves the way I see them through my lens…beautiful.
I hope to create a timeless and genuine portrait of each women. Each image will be processed in black and white and presented in an art gallery exhibit in Honolulu Hawaii toward the end of 2018.
We are looking for woman of all shapes and sizes and ages who are or who are striving to be:
strong, compassionate, bold, brave woman who are willing to share their stories to be a part of a this super special portrait photography project!
These are woman who are going through or have overcome a struggle in their lives and are willing to share their story (in a 1-2 minute video and/or written text).and would like to have their portrait taken by lead photographer Noelle of Sweet Rain Media.
Each eligible woman will then have their portrait taken in a fun, relaxing, non-judgmental environment and the portrait and story (application video and/or text) will be displayed in an art gallery exhibit setting later this year.
YOU ARE A GREAT FIT IF:
- You are a mom who takes cares of EVERYBODY else except yourself all day, errr day!
- You are a "mature" women who has age, experience and lots of wisdom to share.
- You are a young women who struggles to find your identity in a society that constantly tells women we aren't good enough if we don't look like super models..
- You are an entrepreneurial and/or business women who has built your business from the ground up and puts all of your clients first and never takes time for yourself.
- You are a women who has never had professional portraits taken.
- You are a women who can't see her own beauty.
Must be available on O'ahu for your photo session between July 1-14. Specific date TBD.
Must make considerations for having your hair and makeup done for your portrait session to enhance your natural beauty—but not over do it. These are not glamour shots...but we want you to feel beautiful!!! Hair and Makeup artists can be arranged on location upon request. Sephora or MAC are also a fun options!
- Must be 24—103 years old. :)
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS:
1. Fill out the form below.
AND AS A BONUS...THOSE WHO SUBMIT A VIDEO RECEIVE AN ADDITIONAL MATTED 8x10 PRINT!
2. CLICK HERE to submit your 1-2 minute candid video application. (Don't overthink the video! JUST DO IT! :)
WHAT YOU RECEIVE:
As a thank you for your time and willingness to share your story, you will receive the following, a value of $375:
- A portrait session
- A gorgeous Fuji Deep Matte 8x10 matted print of your portrait
- The digital image of the print
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Applicants will be notified via email on June 27.
- Pay $50 to secure your spot and reserve your time slot. There are no other fees. You get a $375 value for $50!!
- SHOW UP AND HAVE AN AMAZING TIME WITH AMAZING WOMEN!!!
Applications due by June 25 Midnight HST
SESSION DATE IN HONOLULU HAWAII BETWEEN July 1-14, 2018.. SPECIFIC DATE TBD.